cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Sweden - no Provider showing

Anon
Not applicable

Brother is in Sweden this weekend with his iPhone 5. He has €3 on his roaming balance.

But his iPhone won't show any provider ... anyone know who the official partner is in Sweden and how to hook up ?

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
48 doesn't have official roaming partners.
Does he have any cash credit?
The iPhone may need activation to work on another network.
See here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/iPhone5/m-p/31259#U31259

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

He is with 48 for two years. Every operator has roaming partners.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Well 48 say nothing about roaming partners anywhere on their website and nothing about choosing one over another when abroad. So I don't think that they have any specific roaming partners and roaming should work on any networ in countries that they support roaming. But iPhones can need to be activated on a new network as described in the link that I posted above. And this needs cash credit and possibly a sync with iTunes as explained.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

But iPhones can need to be activated on a new network as described in the link that I posted above. And this needs cash credit and possibly a sync with iTunes as explained.

When you travel abroad, you cannot send a text to 'activate' the local network unless you can connect with that network in the fIrst place. I have travelled abroad many many times and never failed to find a local network.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Then a sync with iTunes may be required.
iPhones are just awkward this way with certain networks unfortunately.
There are lots of posts here about this iPhone network activation issue here in Ireland and while roaming.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Otherwise log a support request and ask 48 support about it. Hopefully they can explain.