cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming settings, how do i get it off?

sophieward1356
Newcomer

Hey everyone!,
ive only recently joined 48 a few days ago and since then the signal bar has a letter R above it and apparently that means im in roaming settings? I dont know how to take this off, i have the Old Samsung G1900gt , and i think this is affecting my package because my texts wont send. If anyone could help that would be great!!
sophie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This happens on some phones/phone software.

48 is an MVNO/virtual operator operating on the O2 network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator

With some phones/software when you are on a virtual network it always shows as roaming.

Some phones/software (e.g. CyanogenMod) have an option for "national data roaming". If you have that enable it and it should get rid of the "R".

Otherwise just ignore it. It doesn't matter and more to the point it does not cost anything more than your normal membership and any other payments for paid services.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This happens on some phones/phone software.

48 is an MVNO/virtual operator operating on the O2 network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator

With some phones/software when you are on a virtual network it always shows as roaming.

Some phones/software (e.g. CyanogenMod) have an option for "national data roaming". If you have that enable it and it should get rid of the "R".

Otherwise just ignore it. It doesn't matter and more to the point it does not cost anything more than your normal membership and any other payments for paid services.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hey dayler,
thanks a million, im not that good with phones and i was worried i was spending my credit,
you've been a great help.
hope the best,
sophie.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
No problem.
Glad it helped.