Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

SIM CARD

Anon
‎14-02-2014 10:28 PM

I just joined 48 from 02 and I have registered my new sim and followed the steps for the move my number.

But now when i put my 48 sim card into my iphone and put the correct pin in, it then comes up as 'sim failure' and it says 'invalid sim' in the corner where the recepion should be.

What should i do?

Please help asap

1 Like

Accepted Solutions

Re: SIM CARD

[ Edited ]
Rock Star
‎14-02-2014 11:22 PM

Hi Lauralollypop

There's a few thing's to check out... Click on the link below and go through each of the troubleshooting suggestions - you should be up and running in no time.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Invalid-SIM-on-iPhone/td-p/5936/jump-to/first...

Smiley Happy

View solution in context

Posted from Google Nexus 7
1 Like

All Replies

The Legend
‎14-02-2014 11:21 PM

Is your phone unlocked for use on any network?

Are you using an iPhone?

If so have you sync'd with iTunes in order to activate the iPhone on 48?

This will require some cash credit on your account because it needs to send a UK SMS which costs 25c.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
1 Like

[ Edited ]
Rock Star
‎14-02-2014 11:22 PM

Hi Lauralollypop

There's a few thing's to check out... Click on the link below and go through each of the troubleshooting suggestions - you should be up and running in no time.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Invalid-SIM-on-iPhone/td-p/5936/jump-to/first...

Smiley Happy

Posted from Google Nexus 7
1 Like

Anon
‎15-02-2014 05:46 PM

Its working now thanks, but no signal? any ideas of what to do?

1 Like
Highlighted

Rock Star
‎15-02-2014 05:52 PM

Hi again...

You have an iphone if memory serves (i'm not iphone menu settings savvy)... can you toggle Data Roaming on & search Networks... see if 48 is listed and select (if applicable)

Smiley Happy

Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
1 Like

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community