cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim half working

Anon
Not applicable
Hello,
My sim is showing signal ,but not calls can be made.also , its been more than 5 hours since move my number request.

Best regards,
Yuval
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@fanatic wrote:
I wouldnt do a membership till my number is fully ported

Well that explains on thing so: no membership = no services (calls/texts).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did you buy membership?

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date, mobile/landline calls, texts, data and cash credit bakances?

And what number is displayed?

Can you receive calls?

Can you send/receive texts?

If necessary log a support request to get 48 to help you:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Hi again ,

Ihave prepay account with 21.01 balance
I cannot receive calls
I cannot send txt
My phone number 089 214 4291 .... Im still waiting for my old number to be moved , as i haven't received any messages in regards

As I asked before - do you have membership as without it you will definitely not be able to use any services regardless of what credit balance you have.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/What-is-the-difference-between-membership-and...

If you do have membership and the SIM is registered then you should be able to send/receive texts and make/receive calls on the 089 number - until your other number ports over.

If you don't have membership then it may be best to hold off buying it until the number has ported because if you buy membership/addons/credit topups while the porting process is active then I think it can lead to problems.

You should log a support request to ask 48 about the status of your number porting and to see if there is some problem.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Hey,
Thanks for your quick response. Porting hasn't been established yet .....can you please check why??

@fanatic wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for your quick response. Porting hasn't been established yet .....can you please check why??

I don't work for 48. You need to log a support request to get 48 to assist as I mentioned twice already.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

@fanatic wrote:

Well that explains on thing so: no membership = no services (calls/texts).

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.... Porting seems to be established by now 🙂

So presumably your online account displays the ported number and not the 089 number? 

And you have been able to buy membership and start using the service?

If so that's good news.