cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim

Anon
Not applicable

I got my sim and registered it, I got a new number with 48. I put the sim into my unlocked iPhone 4S and it is not working it keeps saying that there is no sim there.

7 REPLIES 7

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

If you have followed all the iphone troubleshooting on 48 & you have Data Roaming enabled it could be down to needing to contact apple.

This is a very common query we get on the forum...

There is a difference in Your phone being unlocked... & apple activating a release on the handset.

We only recently got to the bottom of what causes this to happen on iphones - your next step is contacting apple, from what others (who have had a similar issue) have told us, apple are quite good responding to your query.

Click on the link below:

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Can you post back after apple respond & let us know if it is this ?

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star

Just to fully explain...

Unlocks and activation policy's are somewhat linked, when apple unlock your phone they apply an activation policy to it that it can activate certain sims only

🙂

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@isabel_hinds wrote:

I got my sim and registered it, I got a new number with 48. I put the sim into my unlocked iPhone 4S and it is not working it keeps saying that there is no sim there.

What is the exact message displayed?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
  • Hi i still have not recevied my sim.I ordered it on sunday.I have a spare sim card ere from 48 which i have not used.Can this be linked to my old number and my keep my credit? As i only topped up on friday the 29th novemeber?

@sorcha1990 wrote:
I have a spare sim card ere from 48 which i have not used.Can this be linked to my old number and my keep my credit? 

Yes:

You need a new SIM?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star

Yes!

If that is basically all that is holding you up -48 cite sims are delivered in 2 working days, so it will be with you tomorrow as you ordered it on the weekend.

Contact support to switch your account etc as mentioned in your post.

Click to start.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Follow up on your post... any developments?

Ant response from apple?

🙂