cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive

Anon
Not applicable
I switched this morning from eMobile to 48. Topped up, bought the don all went well. It now all shows correct info in my48 including my ported number and my don subscription. Any time I make a call I get "sorry you cannot make this type of call , go to your corner" or something similar. I raised a support ticket 7 hours ago. It's now 17:30 and I've been without my phone all day. Has anyone else experienced this and how long did it take to solve. I can't wait indefinitely for a response to the ticket I raised.

Btw I can't send or receive SMS either. I am using an unlocked iPhone and have rebooted etc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You'll probably just have to wait for 48 support to get back to you but just in case any of the following helps...

When you scan for networks do you see 48 and can you connect to it?

If not can you see O2 and connect to it?

Have you tried resyncing your phone with iTunes? It seems to be the case that sometimes this is needed with a new SIM. You may also need some credit balance in case this process tries to send one or more texts to numbers not included in the Don "free texts" bundle.

Can you receive calls?

Do calls to all numbers/networks give the error message?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You'll probably just have to wait for 48 support to get back to you but just in case any of the following helps...

When you scan for networks do you see 48 and can you connect to it?

If not can you see O2 and connect to it?

Have you tried resyncing your phone with iTunes? It seems to be the case that sometimes this is needed with a new SIM. You may also need some credit balance in case this process tries to send one or more texts to numbers not included in the Don "free texts" bundle.

Can you receive calls?

Do calls to all numbers/networks give the error message?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I know I'll most likely have to wait but some issues need faster attention than they currently offer. It's unacceptable to be without any service for an entire day.
In relation to your suggestions. I can connect to 48 (5 bars). I don't know anyone else on 48 so unsure if I can call or text 48 but unable to call or text any other network, or receive from any other network.
I have my don subscription and I have €1.01 credit. I have synced but issue is the same.
I scanned for other networks and it didn't find o2 to try as an alternative.

OK - sorry none of my suggestions helped. I guess you will have to wait for 48 support to get back to you. I agree that having to wait so long is not ideal when you are effectively offline... 😞

Hope this helps.