cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong SIMM

Anon
Not applicable
Just registered my new SIMM went to install it and it's too big! It needs a micro SIMM! Should I have ordered a nano SIMM from 48? If so can I cut my standard SIMM to size?? Urgently need a phone going away tomorrow:-( ALL HELP MUCH APPRECIATED
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Most phone shops should be able to cut it to size for you so hopefully you can get that done before you go. Or even get it done when you arrive?!

The alternative of ordering a new/replacement SIM would take too long in this case:

You need a new SIM?

Are you going abroad? If to the EU then you might want to buy EU roaming add-ons and/or top up your credit balance to cover any additional costs that may arise from services not covered by the membership while abroad.

http://48months.ie/boiler-plate/add-on-rules

If you are travelling outside of the EU then you will almost certainly need to top up your credit balance to make/receive any calls and send texts.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Most phone shops should be able to cut it to size for you so hopefully you can get that done before you go. Or even get it done when you arrive?!

The alternative of ordering a new/replacement SIM would take too long in this case:

You need a new SIM?

Are you going abroad? If to the EU then you might want to buy EU roaming add-ons and/or top up your credit balance to cover any additional costs that may arise from services not covered by the membership while abroad.

http://48months.ie/boiler-plate/add-on-rules

If you are travelling outside of the EU then you will almost certainly need to top up your credit balance to make/receive any calls and send texts.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Do u know if 02 would do it?

I don't know but I would imagine that one operator might be reluctant to cut another operator's SIM and to help a customer of another network. You could ask but I reckon you might be better off with one of those small independent phone shops.

Hope this helps.