cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Sp update

Hi, any idea when the new 4.3 update will hit 48 members? Vodafone IE and O2IE have already received theirs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah - 48 don't sell phones so don't push out over the air software updates for phones either.

For any phone software update you'll have to do it manually.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

48 do not support such I'm afraid.

The last update (4.1.2) on my S2 was just through kies (For Samsung)

🙂

Yeah - 48 don't sell phones so don't push out over the air software updates for phones either.

For any phone software update you'll have to do it manually.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

thanks for the replies, how do i go about updating it manually would you know? iv tried pc compnion but there is nothing at all on that

@voiceinsidemyballs wrote:

thanks for the replies, how do i go about updating it manually would you know? iv tried pc compnion but there is nothing at all on that

Seems to me that PC Companion is the way to go if your carrier does not offer OTA updates (and 48 do not):

http://www.sonymobile.com/ie/software/phones/xperia-sp/

If PC Companion is not giving you the option of upgrading to the latest firmware for your device then you probably need to ask Sony about that.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I presume you use the Samsung Kies desktop software as mentioned above to download and install the update.

Hope this helps.

no, the xperia is a sony. i use the sony pc companion. but it tells me there is no update. i bought the mobile sim free

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

You can also check for updates on your handset in a few steps...

Settings> About Phone>System Software Update>Check For Updates

🙂

there are no updates available when i do that, will i eventually be able to update or am i screwed because im with 48?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sorry my mistake.
I presume that the Sony support site or one of the many discussion forums might have info about how to do a manual update.

Hope this helps.