cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

always roaming, can't make or receive some calls

t0m
Newcomer
Hi
My phone has the constant r in the status bar, but works OK, except I can't call mobiles that are roaming in Ireland, and some land lines can't call me, like UPC. Any solution to this?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

That's common for a phone on 48 as it is a virtual network. Check out our Helper member's useful reply to a similar question we had earlier, here.

For not being able to call mobiles in Ireland (are they on 48?), you'd need to check that out with the 48 techies as they can also see your account details to check if anything is amiss. You can contact them via this link

Thanks Marionh for the quick reply.

I don't have any issue with the R in the status bar.

When I call my phone from a UPC landline, I get a recorded voice that says, "You seem to have mis-dialled the number". Is this because my phone thinks it's roaming?

I also can't call foreign people who are roaming in Ireland, though my gorlfriend can. I'm guessing this also might be an issue with roaming.

Thanks

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Ok, thanks for giving more info. It sounds like something that the techies could indeed look at so log a ticket to them so they can troubleshoot in more detail.

Would you mind popping a reply when the issue is sorted so those following this thread could see what it was about? In case others might be experiencing the same thing. Cheers. 🙂