cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed my number???

Anon
Not applicable
Hi I just changed over to 48 today and wanted to keep my old number but it gave me a new 1 how do I get my old number back
8 REPLIES 8

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Each new customer recieves a 48 Sim - to port over (retain your present number) you submit a port request...have you did this?

If you have, check your my 48 account... what number is listed there?

Is the phone/sim operational?

Have you also bought a membership yet, & have data roaming enabled?

Can you check and post back?

🙂

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@denisec224 wrote:
Hi I just changed over to 48 today and wanted to keep my old number but it gave me a new 1 how do I get my old number back

See here:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Do I have to wait for my old network to release my number

Hi again

The time you apply for the porting process makes a big difference... alot of people fall victim to the time boundary-by not reading the transfer times involved... see below:

EDIT: Your old carrier will not intentionally delay your request to move, unless you have a unpaid sum on your balance with them.

48 State they will get you over to the Network within 2 hours. 

*** Please note: Number transfer hours are 8am to 6pm Mon to Fri, 10am to 4pm Sat and Sun***

Transferring your number is subject to certain time-frames that all carriers work within.

I hope that fully answer's your query!

🙂

@denisec224 wrote:
Do I have to wait for my old network to release my number

If you were not on a contract and don't owe them any money then there should be no hold-up once you make sure to enter the correct details into the porting form.

This includes the security code which will be texted to the number that you want to port which means using the old operator's SIM to get this.

Note the 48 porting hours mentioned above.

You don't deal with the old operator at all - you just submit the porting request to the new operator - in this case 48.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I applied at 5pm so hopefully will be switched by tomorrow thank you

Anon
Not applicable
I was on a contract but am still continuing to pay I just want 48 as there is more internet/minutes

If you are still on a contract then that may prevent the number being released - particularly if you have bills outstanding and/or your contract period has not yet expired.

I don't really understand your point about continuing to pay the contract while also porting to 48.

I don't think that you can do this.

However if you are out of contract and don't owe anything to the old operator then I guess that the porting should work.

You should probably contact 48 support about this to be sure about what's going on.

Hope this helps.