cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage disabled

jill_hanlon
Visitor
My iMessage isn't working with my 48 number idk what happened bc it was working before!
16 REPLIES 16

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did something change on your phone?

E.g. software update, changes to settings, sync with iTunes?

Or were you abroad with it lately?

Is everything else working OK - calls, texts, data?

Perhaps iMessage needs to be reactivated which may require a small amount of cash credit on your account (to cover the 25c cost of the UK SMS that the process automatically sends) and you may need to power off/on, wait a bit and maybe sync with iTunes.

Alternatively contact 48 support for advice:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

jill_hanlon
Visitor
I think iMessage needs to be reactivated again with the 25c,how would I go about doing that?

Put some cash credit on your account if necessary (the minimum topup is €1).

Top-up

Then I think it depends on what version of iOS you have.

With recent versions I think it just happens spontaneously after a while but I don't know how long or what indication you get when it's done.

With older versions of iOS you may need to sync with iTunes.

Apologies for the vagueness but I haven't used iPhones/iOS for years...

Might be worth powering off and then on again after topping up your credit balance.

Hope this helps.

jill_hanlon
Visitor
Will I have to put credit on my phone so every time this happens?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You should only have to do this once.
But for some reason sometimes something happens on iPhones that needs this to be activated again.
Not sure why.
Just another example of iPhone hassle unfortunately.
To be honest I can't say for sure that activation IS the problem here and that doing what I suggested definitely will fix things.
Maybe worth contacting 48 support to get their advice before doing anything especially if cash is tight.
Use the link that I posted earlier to contact them.

Hope this helps.

jill_hanlon
Visitor
How do I top up by like €1?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You just go to the topup page that I linked to earlier and enter €1 to be charged to your card.
Or buy a voucher for €1 and topup with that.

Hope this helps.

Did you get anywhere with this?