cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet settngs fpr xperia P

Anon
Not applicable
Hi all .. I have a xperia p and have tried all the manual settings for internet and still no joy. It's there and working on some settings but it's not showing 3g or h logo beside the antenna signal I just updated firmware to 4.1.2 everything was fine till then.... Is there a way to send a SMS to get them sent to the phone .. For the life of me that tweaker appbis **bleep** its not a one click fix like its alleged all it does is give manually settings anyway
11 REPLIES 11

1amcn
Rock Star

Hiya

I have to ask you check have live membership & have Data Roaming active?

Both are Requirment's... i see the Sony xperia P listed in the 48 Internet Setting's, so this never worked...or the Tweakker App...

🙂

Anon
Not applicable
I can't see the xperia p listed.. What exactly does the app do.. For me it just shows settings is it supposed to input them for you... Yup I've a active membership and roaming on....everything was fine till I updated the phone... Is there a way to have them sent to me configuration message like

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi again...

No - unfortunately internet setting's are usually set up by each member following the 48 guide.

Xperia P is 12th down on the list for 48 Sony internet setting's:

Can you try these once more?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Sony-Xperia-phones-internet-settings/m-p/3356/highlight/tr...

🙂

Anon
Not applicable
Did again no joy... What exactly is wrong with this it looks like there is data traffic but a little r symbol over the signal which is very poor.. There is no 3g or H symbol showing either how do I get them to configure with out manually inputting them

Hey...

Are you posting from the Xperia P... Reason I ask is it's showing 'Posted from Huawei Y300' beneath you post... (?)

How is your network reception at the best of time's? sound's like this is the issue from your description...

Can you go into handset network setting's & toggle to WCDMA...then Re-Boot handset - Internet Running?

Still no good?

Then try attempting the Tweakker App ? Most people who failed to Install Generic setting's found the Tweakker sorted it out...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker

Smiley Happy

Anon
Not applicable
I am posting from the y 300 🙂 I've tried all of what you asked inc the change in network settings that was my first thoughts.. Coverage was fine till this afternoon after i updated the phone .... Again I'll ask what is that app supposed to do... For me it does nothing bar show me what settings to input like you are doing

Tweakker either configures your APN if it can or lists the settings to be applied manually if it can't. If you looked at the summary info about the app on the Google Play Store you would have seen this! 😐

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Oh I've looked at it and read it .. And I still have problems .. Is there a network problem that I don't know of maybe? As I can't show the 3g or H symbol on phone and with limited connectivity .