cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a cheap smart phone

harley
Newcomer

Hi, has anybody got a cheap smart phone for sale ? that can be used with a 48 sim. 

thanks,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6

maryc1996
Newcomer

These days I tend to buy my phones direct from China - e.g. via AliExpress or other similar sites.

There's often much better specs avaiable for less money.

But it may be a route more suited to those who are interested in rooting and hacking their phones and using custom ROMs etc.

My current phone is a Haier W910 (http://www.chinaphonereview.com/haier-w910) which I bought from DealsPrime for about €90 but I've been meaning to switch over to my newer Coolpad F1 8297W which I bought from an AliExpress seller for about €130 last year (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5-inch-Coolpad-F1-WCDMA-8297w-Great-God-MTK6592-Octa-Core-Mo...)

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I would never buy a mobile phone from China, who knows what after care is offered and have you ever tried to get a refund or repair from a Chinese Supplier??

I would rather pay a little extra and have Peace of mind and a guarantee

Each to their own but I haven't had any problems with customer support and haven't had to return anything but if you buy with PayPal your are generally well protected anyway. As I said this route may be more suited to those interested in rooting/hacking.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Also do a google search for Aliexpress and Scams and you see lots of complaints

Also Aliexpress is a part of Alibaba which is riddled with online scammers, just google and a list will pop up

So buy local and if you cannot buy next door or in Europe

There are lots and lots of reliable/legitimate sellers on AliExpress etc.

There are plenty of scam sellers nearer to home too.

I agree that you need to check out seller reputations before buying.

Same as any other site - e.g. eBay, Amazon, adverts.ie etc.

I usually check out what people have to say on MoDaCo.com, xda-developers.com etc.

Caveat emptor.