cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone failure to reconnect

whiska
Newcomer

New galaxy s. When signal is lost because of poor coverage phone will not auto reconnect when entering an area with strong coverage but must be restarted to do so. It's  set to auto search. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Can you try your SIM in another unlock phone in the same circumstances just to rule out any problem with that?

Did you ever have this problem before on a different network?

Do you know anybody else on 48 that you could try their SIM in it?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

The sim works fine in old phone and also in new one once connected. The prob is with new phone, once signal is dropped for  any reason once signal improves or i move to another area the phone will not reconnect unless restarted.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Could the phone be faulty or need a software update?
You could log a support request to ask 48 support for advice but if it's the phone rather than the sim (which sounds fine) then they may not be able to do much.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-get-help/td-p/4038/jump-to/first-unread-message

If the phone is under warranty maybe bring it back to be checked out?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.