cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting issues

roseagra
Visitor

Hey guys had a bit of a freeze on pg 3 of sim reg. but got it sorted, only thing is when I used the link to confirm my email it's now telling me I have a new number! I have also entered the security code for moving my number, just wondering what's the story, thanks!  I do want to keep my number.

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did you get the security code to your old SIM/number and then enter it on the porting form?

If you are having problems or think that the number port may not be going through correctly then you should contact support as soon as possible:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I think I already knew what was going on but due to tiredness and general brain fog wanted to double check.  The port is happening as I type and the lovely folk at support emailed straight away to let me know that was the automatic 48 number but I'd be keeping my old one.  thanks!

When I joined 48 you always got a new 089 number with the SIM (printed on the envelope in which the SIM arrived) and then after registering you could port a number over if necessary.

But the process seems to be different now and at SIM registration time you can choose a new 089 number or to port your old one.

However when I help people get set up I tend to go with the new 089 number first just to make sure that everything works and only then port the old number over.

Whaterver about all that ... it sounds like your number port is progressing OK after all?

But if it takes more than about 2 hours then log a support query to get 48 support to look into it for you.

Good luck.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.