cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming in Dubai?

Anon
Not applicable

Am i right in thinking my phone will not work while in Dubai?

20 REPLIES 20

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Yes - you will not be able to roam in Dubai using a 48 SIM. See here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/can-not-send-and-receive-messages-while-abroad/m-p/15457#M...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

was just hoping i was wrong...oh well

I'm not 100% sure but Dubai is certainly not listed as one of the roaming destinations here and others have reported being unable to roam there...

Other call charges

In fact roaming only seems to be available on 48 in EU, rest of Europe, North America and Oceania. 

To double check log a support query and ask 48 support:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

cool thanks, i have done this already ...heres hoping!

Anon
Not applicable
Excellent thank you. Yes I have credit and membership. Thanks

@jimellard wrote:
Excellent thank you. Yes I have credit and membership. Thanks

I don't understand. Thanks for what? Did somebody tell you that roaming in Dubai will work?

Anon
Not applicable
sorry. thought I was posting that to someone from the go48 team and not on here. yes it will work in dubai. once I have credit and active membership.

That's interesting. That means that I was wrong in the other thread and that the information about roaming destinations on the "other call charges" page is not necessarily complete...

Anon
Not applicable
Appears that way anyway. Asked her twice and specified Dubai and assured it will work!