cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

top up code not working

Anon
Not applicable

Hi there.

i have just joined paid 20.00 euros for Don  via my credit card.

then desided to top up again by 20.00 via top up code from shop .

when i put then number in .. it is telling me that it is us up ..

but 20.00 euros has been taking out of my account by 48 ....? want can i do?

then

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did you read the links above?

You can buy membership online directly but when you pay for it that money does NOT appear on your credit balance as it has been used to pay for membership which comes with the relevant calls/texts/landline/data allowances. For example if you buy Don membership it costs €20 up front and you get unlimited calls and texts to Irish mobiles (subject to the fair usage limits), 60 landline mins and 5GB of data. 

You can also topup your credit balance to pay for stuff like membership, add-ons and other services not covered by membership (e.g. calls to certain "special" numbers, international calls/texts, MMS messages etc.). For example if you use up your Don 5GB data or 60 mins landline calls before the membership month is up you can use your credit balance to buy internet/landline calls add-ons.

If you bought membership for €20 and topped up your credit balance by €20 then the first €20 is gone as it was used to pay for the monthly membership. The second €20 will appear on your credit balance and can be used to pay for stuff - including membership next month if you don't use any other paid services.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does it say about your membership status (at the top of the page), expiry date and credit balance?

Maybe you just topped up your credit balance but did not buy membership? These are separate steps.

Alternatively dial *100# and hit call/send. If your credit balance is €20 or more then text "Don" to 1745 and you should get membership for the month paid for from your credit balance (which will then reduce by the €20 payment).

How do I buy my membership?

How do I top up? Overview of the top-up payment op... 

How do I buy stuff by text?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi there Dalyer.

Am i right in saying that you have to pay for membership first. i.e. DON Membership.( 20.00 euros)

this only paid for the membership NOT call,text,and internet.

and then when i put in  another 20.00 euros that is my balance account .

i thought i should have 40.00 euros in my account ,because i paid for membership and top up ?

Did you read the links above?

You can buy membership online directly but when you pay for it that money does NOT appear on your credit balance as it has been used to pay for membership which comes with the relevant calls/texts/landline/data allowances. For example if you buy Don membership it costs €20 up front and you get unlimited calls and texts to Irish mobiles (subject to the fair usage limits), 60 landline mins and 5GB of data. 

You can also topup your credit balance to pay for stuff like membership, add-ons and other services not covered by membership (e.g. calls to certain "special" numbers, international calls/texts, MMS messages etc.). For example if you use up your Don 5GB data or 60 mins landline calls before the membership month is up you can use your credit balance to buy internet/landline calls add-ons.

If you bought membership for €20 and topped up your credit balance by €20 then the first €20 is gone as it was used to pay for the monthly membership. The second €20 will appear on your credit balance and can be used to pay for stuff - including membership next month if you don't use any other paid services.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

Thanks for all your help.

i understand now!

have a good one. ;0)

OK - glad it helped.