Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

tryin to set up new sim

Anon
‎09-05-2013 06:49 PM
I registered my new sim but everytime I put it in the phone and put in the pin it keeps askin me for a "network merp code" or suim like that , &it won't recognise my sim until I do :/, what shud I do ?:/ I'm confused..
Posted from RIM BlackBerry 8520
0 Likes

Re: tryin to set up new sim

Anon
‎09-05-2013 06:51 PM

Hey Katie, 

This seems to be a technical issue as i've never heard of a network merp code... derp! 

Raise a ticket over at the website and i'm sure this'll be resolved easily! 

-Paddy.

0 Likes

Anon
‎09-05-2013 06:53 PM
go here to raise a new ticket! Just add a link to this thread in the ticket so the tech support will know what your problem is!

http://www.48months.ie/help/ask-agent
0 Likes

Anon
‎09-05-2013 06:54 PM
Well it wanted some code I think that's wa it was called not sure , it wants a code anyway?,& sorry wa do u mean raise a ticket over the website:/?
Posted from RIM BlackBerry 8520
0 Likes

Anon
‎09-05-2013 06:58 PM

Go to this link to get help from somebody who can fix this for you :-) 

http://www.48months.ie/help/ask-agent

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎09-05-2013 08:31 PM

I presume that the message was "network MEP code" which is a Blackberry's way of telling you that the handset is locked to another operator. You will need to get the handset unlocked for use on 48. You probably need to talk to your current/old operator to get this done. There may also be unofficial (and some free) ways of getting it unlocked but usually getting a handset unlocked officially is better if possible. Google more info using terms like "Blackberry" "network MEP code" and "free unlock".

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community