cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connection stopped completely yesterday

nixmcd71
Newcomer
Hi there,

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 which had been working for data until yesterday. I have data roaming enabled and did not actively change any of my settings.

I rebooted, removed the sim, etc

Please advise asap. Thx
4 REPLIES 4

nixmcd71
Newcomer
Hi there,

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 which had been working for data until yesterday. I have data roaming enabled and did not actively change any of my settings.

I rebooted, removed the sim, etc

Please advise asap. Thx

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Unfortunately this seems to be a common problem (worldwide) with Samsung Galaxy phones - i.e. that they spontaneously lose or alter the APN/data settings so that things stop working.

I'd suggest that you delete any configured APN(s) and start from scratch with these instructions:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

That did the trick, thank you. Go Samsung!

I also noticed I never get 4G/LTE anymore with 48. Is this also my phone's issue or does it relate to the 48 network??

Thanks a million,

Nix

Glad you got it sorted.

As I say it's a common complaint about Samsung Galaxy phones but I've never seen an authoritative explanation as to why this happens.

Or a failsafe solution other than deleting your APN(s) and reconfiguring the internet/APN settings again.

You don't get 4G/LTE with 48 because they don't support it.

So you never got it!

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.