Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data connection stopped completely yesterday

Average Joe
‎03-11-2016 08:40 AM
Hi there,

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 which had been working for data until yesterday. I have data roaming enabled and did not actively change any of my settings.

I rebooted, removed the sim, etc

Please advise asap. Thx
Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
0 Likes

Data connection stopped completely yesterday?

Average Joe
‎03-11-2016 08:39 AM
Hi there,

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 which had been working for data until yesterday. I have data roaming enabled and did not actively change any of my settings.

I rebooted, removed the sim, etc

Please advise asap. Thx
Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
0 Likes

Re: Data connection stopped completely yesterday

The Legend
‎03-11-2016 01:05 PM

Unfortunately this seems to be a common problem (worldwide) with Samsung Galaxy phones - i.e. that they spontaneously lose or alter the APN/data settings so that things stop working.

I'd suggest that you delete any configured APN(s) and start from scratch with these instructions:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎03-11-2016 02:20 PM

That did the trick, thank you. Go Samsung!

I also noticed I never get 4G/LTE anymore with 48. Is this also my phone's issue or does it relate to the 48 network??

Thanks a million,

Nix

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎03-11-2016 02:46 PM

Glad you got it sorted.

As I say it's a common complaint about Samsung Galaxy phones but I've never seen an authoritative explanation as to why this happens.

Or a failsafe solution other than deleting your APN(s) and reconfiguring the internet/APN settings again.

You don't get 4G/LTE with 48 because they don't support it.

So you never got it!

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
1 Like

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community