cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMESSAGES

adzer01
Visitor
how do I enable iMessages it won't let me send them and I'm in wifi???
3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What happens when you try to use iMessage?
Any error messages etc.?
Search the forum for previous posts/threads about iPhone iMessage activation as that may be needed here.
This may need some cash credit on your account to cover the 25c cost of the once off UK SMS that gets sent by the iPhone or iTunes.
This is all down to the (in my opinion) stupid way in which Apple requires activation for certain features to work on some networks.
Other phones don't require this messing around and additional cost...

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

adzer01
Visitor
Hey yeah I found a comment saying that if you add money to your account and activate it then it works. So I added €1 and then activated iMessages and it worked then. I've never had to do that before with any network. Weird. Is it just a once off thing? Thanks for your reply.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
It should be a once off thing.
But re-activation may be required in some cases.
I'm not sure which but perhaps if the phone is factory reset or a major iOS update is installed.
I think this activation is required by Apple on networks that they don't recognize by default.
This includes some or all virtual networks e.g. 48, iD, Tesco, Lyca etc.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.