cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Certificate Error Message on App

yongwan
Newcomer

HI, we have 2 iphones in the household on 48 but when accessing the app, they both get a message saying

"The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a serverthat is pretending to be "m.48months.ie" which could put your confidential information at risk.

I spoke to an agent (because we couldnt add credit and was advised it was an issue with the phone. We managed to add credit by logging in to the main 48 site.

Have googled and tried out some of the suggestions (date and time settings and resetting fraud warnings on safari) to no avail. Has anyone any other suggestions or is there an issue with the secirity certificate for the app?

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Not happening for me on Android phones.

I suspect that it's yet another Apple/iPhone specific thing due to the stupid way that Apple often do things to make things more complicated for users than necessary.

Google the error message and "iPhone" and you will see many instances of similar problems.

I haven't seen a catch all fix though.

I would suggest that you ensure that your iOS is up to date with all recent updates in case one of them updates certificates to eliminate this error.

Otherwise it doesn't seem like anybody else is reporting this so unfortunately you're probably on your own.

Hope this helps. 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

deco69
Newcomer

Same error here on both iphone and ipad only happening on the App

not resolving itself

jawlor79
Visitor
Have the same problem with my iPhone. Can not login to the app. Pain in the arse

This problem, along with data roaming not working in France after a fresh membership top up five days ago has been the final nail in the coffin. F—k 48 and their constant problems. I’m out

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
There are two common factors here with the certificate issue - 48 and Apple.
Based on experience I wouldn't dismiss the latter rather than the former as being the problem here.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.