cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message resending

rorysheil
Newcomer
I am abroad and I received a text. Now every hours at 40 minutes past I receive that same text, but the other person hasn't texted me since. Really getting on my nerves, any suggestions appreciated
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
That's obviously very strange.
You probably need to contact 48 support about this.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @rorysheil?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

rorysheil
Newcomer
@dalyer not really they said that I should turn airplane mode on and off but it hasn't stopped, thinking it's an issue with the other phone

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Not really sure why airplane mode was being suggested here... Doesn't make much sense to me.

If you are getting the same messages on a regular (hourly?) basis I wonder if your friend could switch off their phone for an hour or two and see if it still happens? If it doesn't then it's their phone and if it does then it's presumably something in the network.

Mind you, you probably have better things to be doing if you're travelling/on holiday? 🙂

Are either of you using an iPhone by any chance? Just wondering if it might be another Apple/iPhone/iMessage oddity?

Hope this helps.

rorysheil
Newcomer
Yes the other person has an iPhone, I'll give it as try thanks very much

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Hmmmm... perhaps it is an iPhone/iMessage issue.
There are several threads like this one that I found:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Texting-and-messaging/iPhone-6s-sending-multiple-duplicate-messages/td...

Ask the sender to delete the conversation if possible and see if that addresses the issue.

Hope this helps.