cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service -Ireland

Anon
Not applicable
I have an IPhone 6, upgraded from 5s, and I never have service, only time I can get service is when I restart my phone, a few minutes later, service is gone, on my 5s I didn't have this problem, I replaced parts off my phone and I'm still having the same issue, no service at all, at home, outside, anywhere.. any help would be appreciated
13 REPLIES 13

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Try this:

iPhone abroad issue

If that doesn't work then the iPhone may need activation on the 48 network (because of the stupid way that Apple do things).

To do this put a small amount of cash credit on you account then switch off/on again and wait a while.

The reason for the credit is that the Apple/iPhone activation process automatically sends a UK SMS which costs 25c and which will not go if you don't have cash credit on your account.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Thank you for your help, I will try this and if it doesn't work I'll make another thread or reply to this again. Much appreciated.

If it doesn't help then post back here rather than creating another thread.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

Anon
Not applicable
There has been no difference --'' I've been with 48 for about 4 years, , could that be the problem ? Before typing this I had to restart my phone, and now as I am typing this the service comes and goes as it pleases.. I don't know what to do

Being with 48 4 years has nothing to do with it.

It's almost certainly just a configuration/activation/SIM issue.

Did you do the activation process that I mentioned above - cash credit etc.?

Can you try your SIM in another unlocked phone (e.g. your old one) just to check that the SIM itself works?

Can you try another SIM (ideally somebody else's 48 SIM) in your new iPhone to see if that works.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Yeah i have tried it and there is no difference.
My sim worked fine on my old phone no problem, its just odd how its no properly working on this phone, it basically works for an hour or so after restarting the phone and then it just..No service at all, basically to get service i need to keep restarting my phone and try get all i can get out of an hour.
I will try another 48 SIM that i have at home and see over time if it has the same effect or if its better.
Thank you.

Did you cash credit reduce by 25c which would be evidence that the Apple/iPhone activation process worked and sent the UK SMS?

Try a sync with iTunes if possible as that sometimes gets the activation process going too.

Unfortunately Apple make things awkward on many networks with the way that they do things...

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Nope, balance still sitting at €10.01, I'll wait a bit longer and hope it does take 25 cent off. I have sync'd before but that was only once, I will try that also and hope that fixes it.
I'll reply to this if it works or if nothing changes.
Thank you.