cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service at all since I got to Ireland

alzebra
Newcomer

I get no service since I landed here. My mobile is a ZTE, Android, unlocked and it was happily recognising the networks in Italy with my old SIM, and the minute I landed in Ireland, it stopped recognising them. Not with my old SIM, with the 48 SIM, nor a Leica one someone lent me. My 48 number has been activated and my membership is active. The person at the help chat wasn't able to figure it out (just recommended a physical check, but I think it's working well).

Already tried manually finding a network, setting the roaming on, manually inputting network config, restarting the phone, turning off wifi and airplane mode on... 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What do you mean by "old SIM" above?
What networks do you see when the 48 SIM is installed?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

alzebra
Newcomer
I meant a SIM from another country.

I see no networks. Just the 'no service' icon.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Weeks model of ZTE phone is it?
The problem sounds very odd especially if other non 48 SIMs also don't work.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

alzebra
Newcomer
Blade V8 SE.

Yeah, I'm also flabbergasted by it.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did you try a factory reset although this will wipe the phone so you will want to backup any important personal data first...?

alzebra
Newcomer
Ugh, still don't want to go through that unless I'm certain it's going to work.

I'll first try having a physical check of it then