Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No service while roaming

Average Joe
‎14-05-2019 01:29 PM
I can't get any service for the last three days in Portugal. My phone connects a network for about 5 seconds then disconnects again continuously. I have a Huawei P20 lite.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Re: No service while roaming

The Legend
‎14-05-2019 01:49 PM
EU roaming only works on Guido membership.
Do you have that membership or another?
If you do have Guido then what happens if you do a manual search for networks and manually connect to one?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎14-05-2019 04:23 PM
I have a Guido membership.
When I do a manual search for networks, it fails to register with all of them except one. However it goes back to no service within seconds of registering
0 Likes

The Legend
‎14-05-2019 04:58 PM
Ok. Unfortunately I don't know why it's not working so.
You'll probably need to contact 48 support about this.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎14-05-2019 05:00 PM
Alight. Thanks for the help
0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎30-06-2019 10:47 AM

I have this problem too, with both my Huaweis. They work fine in Ireland. I've gone through everything with support. THEY DO NOT HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THIS. So they should be upfront and warn custoers that a Huawei phone does not roam with 48. 

Note, I use the same phone outsde Europe and even in Europe with other SIMs without isssue.

0 Likes

[ Edited ]
Average Joe
‎30-06-2019 08:17 PM

My son is in Spain and has no data, is unable to make calls or texts.  He on on Guido membership and has extra credit on his account.  I have been on to 48 agent  3 times and they said for him to turn on data roaming and change the APN.  He has done this and still it is not working.  I am having to text his friends phone in order to pass on these messages.  Any one have any other tips on how to connect. He has samsung galaxy 8.  Thanks

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎01-07-2019 10:34 PM
Just wondering if your issue with Huawei phone and data usage when roaming overseas was ever sorted, I have the same problem now in the EU?
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎02-07-2019 02:19 AM

I have roamed abroad on 48 in the past using a Huawei phone so I don't think that that's the problem per se.
I'd suggest that you contact 48 support if you have problems.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎21-08-2019 11:50 PM

Same problem here. I have just returned from vacation . Huawei PSmart would not connect to any network. Network reset, data roaming on/off, airplane mode on/off  In the end done a factory reset but still the same. Once back home worked fine. So if you are roaming within the EU my advice would be to bring a spare phone with you (not a Huawei) just in case you run into difficulties. 

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community