cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

phenac
Newcomer
I have no phone voice or messaging service after returning from Canary Islands last nite.
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Looks like you have an iPhone?
If so it may be this issue due the stupid way that Apple do roaming...

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @phenac.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

naish
Newcomer
Still the network isn’t activated
This problem continues to occur.

I have no network and I cannot use my phone

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll need to post a bit more info.
Are you trying to join 48 as a new customer?
Or are you already a customer and have suddenly lost service?

If you are just joining, have activated your SIM, have no service and have (as it seems?) an iPhone then you may need to put a small amount is cash credit on your 48 account to pay for the UK SMS (costing 25c) that Apple require to be sent by your phone (automatically) to activate the iPhone on a new network.
If this is the issue then blame Apple for the stupid way that they manage this process which is not required by any non iPhone phone.
If that doesn't help then post back with more info and/or contact 48 support for more assistance.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @naish?