cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Coverage not working

bryan147burke
Newcomer
I was abroad and now I am back but can't get my 48 signal and coverage back help
7 REPLIES 7

Dolly_123
Visitor

Same thing happened to me but this helped -

- Returned Home Have you just returned from abroad and are having difficulty accessing your data?

Lets' get you sorted! You may need to make some changes to your settings to get back up and running. Follow the below steps:

For Android Users:

1. Select the network manually on your phone. Go to settings> Mobile network> Network Operators> From there you select the network manually.
  2. If it doesn't help, remove the SIM card from your phone and then insert it back and check. After that reset the network settings on your phone
  3. If it still doesn't work,  check the SIM card in another unlocked handset.
  4. If the above settings don't work then you may have a faulty SIM and need to order a replacement SIM card online.

For iPhone Users:

1. Go to the Settings/Mobile Data/SIM Applications and select When Abroad --> Network Selection --> Manual --> Home profile. Then search manually for a network and try to connect.
  2. To select the network manually Please go to settings> Carrier> Disable the automatic network option> It'll give you the option to select the network manually.
  3. If it still doesn't work,  check the SIM card in another unlocked handset.
  4. If the above settings don't work then you may have a faulty SIM and need to order a replacement SIM card online.

Try and set via the "SIM Toolkit" menu When Abroad -> Network Selection -> Automatic. On Android you can find that menu in the settings of your 48 sim card.

When I was in Italy, to set the APN, I had to set it to Manual. This was the only way for me to edit the APN settings and get data roaming.

When back to Ireland, I couldn't connect to the network at all, and I tried every single suggestion listed on this forum.

After setting it to "Automatic" everything magically worked (even if the setting seems unrelated)

This thread might also be of interest in this context.

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56518

By the way @MarcoF0284, you're relplying to a two year old thread.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

Yes, this is where I landed when searching on this forum about the problem I was having. I thought someone with the same problem might find this thread like I did, and would find this information useful, especially the link between roaming settings and coverage when NOT roaming.

SofiaL1935
Newcomer
Hi all, what am I to do if I'm unable to select ANY of the options in "Sim applications" menu? Two days abroad without service, very frustrating! Thank you

@SofiaL1935 wrote:
Hi all, what am I to do if I'm unable to select ANY of the options in "Sim applications" menu? Two days abroad without service, very frustrating! Thank you

What about this?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

SofiaL1935
Newcomer
I have iphone 7...