cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

cian10
Newcomer
I’ve no service and none of ur community stuff has anything to do with it I need someone to solve this asap
146 REPLIES 146

Strange that my phone (Xiaomi Poco F1) and a friend's (Xiaomi Redmi Note 3) both kept working fine during the transition with no outages. I wonder why some people were impacted and others were not...? Man Frustrated

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@dalyer wrote:

Strange that my phone (Xiaomi Poco F1) and a friend's (Xiaomi Redmi Note 3) both kept working fine during the transition with no outages. I wonder why some people were impacted and others were not...? Man Frustrated

I do think it's the "age" of the SIM. I have my sim for many years and although on Thursday afternoon I had 4G coverage, it was gone by Thursday evening.

Others that I know of on the 48 network have more recent sim (due to change in phone, so different size sim was required), which seemed to have migrated ok.

@jazz_01 wrote:

@dalyer wrote:

I do think it's the "age" of the SIM. I have my sim for many years and although on Thursday afternoon I had 4G coverage, it was gone by Thursday evening.

Others that I know of on the 48 network have more recent sim (due to change in phone, so different size sim was required), which seemed to have migrated ok.

You could be right.

I think that my SIM is a relatively recent replacement although I can't recall for sure.

My friend's may be the same.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@ang94 wrote:
Where do I order a new SIM? Keeping my number also?

Hi,

If you start a help chat session you can ask the support person to order the replacement SIM for you. Alternatively, you could go to:

https://www.48months.ie/my-48/change-my-sim

You will keep your number - it's just an update to date SIM to allow connection to 4G/LTE (does your phone support such?) Once you have your new SIM, then you need to activate it - again, details on the above link.

ang94
Visitor
Great thanks for the info. New SIM ordered

https://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/4G-update/ta-p/52666

winter2017
Visitor
Got new sim. Needed to contact 48 on chat to activate it. Make sure your contacts are backed up or saved to phone. Once they activate it I restarted the phone and service was restored.

Got sim

can't log in

Something’s happened that no-one was expecting. Sorry about that!

This on top of all the inconvenience of the last week....!

Be Right Back – 48 website is currently undergoing maintenance

We will be back up and running as soon as possible . We apologies for any inconvenience. Thanks for your patience.

Chat working, got new sim working in a few minutes, at last!