Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Service

Visitor
‎02-12-2019 02:26 PM

Thanks so much, I hope sometihng will happen, have no working phone since Nov 22

0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎02-12-2019 02:35 PM

Hi Uknaus,

Please use this link - https://www.48months.ie/my-48 to first login to your My48 account and then on the left side of your device you'll find the option as "Chat now" pop up just click on that and then you can initiate the chat with the 48 support.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Regular
‎02-12-2019 02:36 PM

@uknaus wrote:

Thanks so much, I hope sometihng will happen, have no working phone since Nov 22

no problem at all - I know how frustrating it is...

Any specific reason why your chat services won't work? Are you on 48months.ie via a browser? Is it just not showing up for you?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎02-12-2019 04:07 PM

Did not work at all, no connection, on my usual computer (Windows 10). Worked just now on an old computer.

Thanks Ulla

0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎02-12-2019 09:08 PM
Im still not connected even tho I put in replacement SIM. My membership is up but I don't want to pay unless I can reconnect. Does this have a bearing on connection?
Posted from Motorola MotoG3
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎02-12-2019 09:41 PM
Even without membership you can receive calls and texts.
Did you activate the replacement SIM?
As a replacement and not a new SIM?
If your search for networks can you see and connect to 48?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
1 Like
Highlighted

Visitor
‎02-12-2019 10:29 PM
I tried to activate the SIM several times. Finally had a chat with somebody from 48, which was difficult as I could not connect to chat for hours. 48 activated the replacement SIM and it works now. Nobody answered my trouble tickets. You need to try to connect by chat. Took me now about 10 days to get service again.
Posted from Apple iPhone
1 Like
Highlighted

Regular
‎03-12-2019 11:47 AM

@uknaus wrote:
I tried to activate the SIM several times. Finally had a chat with somebody from 48, which was difficult as I could not connect to chat for hours. 48 activated the replacement SIM and it works now. Nobody answered my trouble tickets. You need to try to connect by chat. Took me now about 10 days to get service again.

Glad you got things sorted out.

Took me the 7 days to get back on the network - which I think was mainly due to poor planning from 48 and lack of communication from them, on the upgrade and dealing with the issues that were being reported from their customers. These issues were being reported on the day of the upgrade itself, but it wasn't till close to the w'end that they were advising people to get new SIMs. Once the new SIM cards arrived, you had to go through online support to get them activated on the network - I would have assumed that the customer should have been able to do this themselves, but wasn't the case!

I'm just glad for the support on the 48Community from the end users, seeing that I wasn't the only one with the issue and any information that people got, it was posted very very quickly to help others. Thanks to ye all!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎03-12-2019 12:52 PM
I still have not received my SIM card that I ordered on Sunday 24th November and not one reply from support. No t been able to connect with network sinc the 4G
roll out. Terrible service. Will have to move to another network.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎03-12-2019 01:02 PM

I ordered my SIM on Sunday 24th November and still have not received it. I wonder if there is anyone working in support.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community