cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my iPhone in france

lizzied
Newcomer
Hi, I’m on hols in France. Followed the instructions to set up my iPhone 5s as per 48months website. I cannot connect to any network...I search manually and sometimes my phone finds them but only one (chosen randomly) ever connects sometimes. I see 4 empty bars of service...can’t make calls or texts. Help please! Liz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lizzied
Newcomer
Hi dalyer, thanks for your reply.
I have the guido and had followed instructions for iPhone abroad for hours last night to no avail. I toggled airplane mode on/off as per your post and, hey presto, it worked!
Thanks for your help. (I’m a Daly-er too🙂)

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Do you have a Guido membership active at the moment?
If not then nothing is going to work because EU roaming only works on Guido.
If you do have a Guido membership active at the moment then you may need to try this due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

You may need to be persistent and patient to get that working.
Switching airplane mode on and then off and trying the reconfiguration quickly may help.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @lizzied?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

lizzied
Newcomer
Hi dalyer, thanks for your reply.
I have the guido and had followed instructions for iPhone abroad for hours last night to no avail. I toggled airplane mode on/off as per your post and, hey presto, it worked!
Thanks for your help. (I’m a Daly-er too🙂)

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Great - so calls, texts and data are all working on now?
If so then that's great.
C'mon the Bohs... 🙂