Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Automatic membership renewal

dc888
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

How can I enable it? Online? By text/shortcode etc.?

More Info
You can set-up your membership to automatically renew through your ‘My 48’.

Once you switch it on we will send you a confirmation text.

You will also receive a reminder text each month before your membership renews.

If you want to amend your auto renew details (e.g. switchoff/change membership/change payment method) it’s all available through your ‘my48’ account

Can I enable it for a specific period or just indefinitely?

More Info

Once you switch on auto renew your membership will automatically renew as long as you remain a 48 customer.

If you want to amend your auto renew details (switch off/change membership/change payment method) it’s all available at your ‘My 48’

How can I cancel it and revert to manual renewal? Online? By text/short code etc.?

More Info
If you want to amend any details about your membership automatic renewal (switch off/change membership/change payment method) it’s all available at your ‘My 48’

When will the automatic renewal happen and when will my card be charged?

More Info
Your card will be charged on the day your new membership renews. For example, if your membership automatically renews on the 28th of the month – payment will be taken on that day.

Also each month, 2 days before your membership renews you will get a reminder text – letting you know the membership and cost. 

How do I get notified of an automatic recurring membership renewal? Text? Email? Online account?

More Info
When you switch to auto renew we will send you a confirmation text. Also each month before your membership renews you will get a reminder text - letting you know the membership and cost.   

What happens if the payment is refused? My card has expired? Is cancelled? There is insufficient funds/credit?

More Info
Should payment be refused we will send you a text asking you to update your saved card details.

To buy your next membership you will need to update your card details and manually buy membership. You will also need re opt-in to auto renew to ensure future membership automatically renews.

What happens if there are security issues with my card?

More Info
If your card transaction fails when we apply your membership renewal we won’t be able to activate your new membership. 

We will disable auto-renewal on your account and you will have to sign in to ‘My 48’ and set it up again.  We will send you a text message to let you know it has failed.

Can I use PayPal?

More Info
Unfortunately no, we do not accept payments from PayPal accounts

Can I set up recurring payments for other stuff - e.g. cash credit when the balance falls below some limit, add-ons when allowances are used up etc.

More Info
At the moment auto renew is only for your membership.

Can I set up a recurring payment on my card for somebody else's account?

More Info
Automatic membership renewal is set-up through your ‘My 48’. Assuming that the person whose membership you want to auto renew has allowed you access to their ‘My 48’ this feature can be set-up.

It is not available through the gift store.

What if I want to change the type of membership purchased?

More Info
That’s no problem! You can amend your membership auto renew at any time. Just log on to your ‘My 48’ and hit the change button beside your membership planner. This brings you to the auto renew management page. Here you can

• Switch off/on Auto renew
  • Change the membership you want to auto renew*
  • Change to payment method – card or balance

*Remember if you’re mid-way through your current membership it’s the next membership that will change!

Is there a cut off time for removing recurring or changing membership before due date.

More Info
Yes, should you wish to change your auto renew details it needs to be completed before 10pm on the evening your current membership expires. That’s to make sure we can process all requests for the next day.

What happens if bank details change

More Info
That’s no problem, you can change your auto renew card details through your ‘My 48’. If you forget to do this and your payment is refused we will send you a text asking you to update your saved card details.

To buy your next membership you will need to update your card details and manually buy membership. You will also need re opt-in to auto renew to ensure future membership automatically renews.

If payment fails will I receive bank charges

More Info
No there will be no bank charged incurred if a payment fails. Should payment be refused we will send you a text asking you to update your saved card details. To buy your next membership you will need to update your card details and manually buy membership.

You will also need re opt-in to auto renew to ensure future membership automatically renews.

Can I choose between paying by credit top up or card

More Info
That’s no problem! You can amend your membership auto renew at any time. Just log on to your ‘My 48’ and hit the change button beside your membership planner. This brings you to the auto renew management page. Here you can:

• Change to payment method – card or credit/top-up

If a payment fails will it automatically retry or will it have to be set up again

More Info
Should payment be refused we will send you a text asking you to update your saved card details.

Can this be set up for add ons as well or only memberships

More Info
At the moment auto renew is available only for your membership.

Can I pay multiple accounts with one card

More Info
Automatic membership renewal is set-up through a customer’s ‘My 48’. Assuming that the people whose membership you want to auto renew have allowed you access to their ‘My 48’ this feature can be set-up on multiple accounts.

It is not available through the gift store

I have queued memberships, can I set up now

More Info
As you’ve already sorted your memberships in advance there’s no need to switch on auto renew. However once you reach the last membership of your current queue you can go ahead and set up auto renew on the next membership

Can we set this up from the App

More Info
We will let you know if auto renew is switched- on through the app however you’ll need to go your ‘My 48’ to set-up auto renew.  You can switch on your membership to automatically renew through your ‘My 48’.

Once you switch it on we will send you a confirmation text. Also each month before your membership renews you will get a reminder text. If you want to amend auto renew (switch off/change membership/change payment method) it’s all available at your ‘my 48’

Will the membership be set to recur indefinitely until cancelled

More Info
Once you switch on auto renew your membership will automatically renew as long as you remain a 48 customer.

If you want to amend auto renew (switch off/change membership/change payment method) it’s all available at your ‘my 48’

Do you have to have active membership to set this up

More Info
You can switch on your membership to automatically renew through your ‘My 48.  In order to switch it on you will need to buy a membership. Once you switch it on we will send you a confirmation text.

Also each month before your membership renews you will get a reminder text. If you want to amend auto renew (switch off/change membership/change payment method) it’s all available at your ‘My 48’

Can recurring membership be cancelled for a period

More Info
That’s no problem! You can amend your membership auto renew at any time. Just log on to your ‘My 48’ and hit the change button beside your membership planner. This brings you to the auto renew management page. Here you can:

• Change to payment method – card or credit/top-up

Who Me Too'd this topic