cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

48 has no support for Android RCS

PatriciaD1201
Newcomer

I just switched to 48 to find I can't receive SMS from most of my contacts.

One of my contacts switched off RCS and then I was able to receive the SMS.

I contacted support to be told 48 do not support RCS, just SMS!

"And with 48, we do not have RCS services available. Just normal next messaging services."

Vikram Mali 

Wow.. I'm surprised.. time to jump elsewhere I suppose.. 

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

A person here claims claim to have got it working...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Actually I tried that and while I was able to enable/verify RCS on two phones on 48 I was still unable to send an RCS message between the two so far.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

That's interesting. The 48 support agent stated it's not supported so I've already initiated a port to another provider that do provide this.

I was surprised as I've read all Irish operators support it. 

I didn't spend long in it as it's not really of any use to me, but enabling/activating RCS on the two 48 phones (to activate I had to disable WiFi so that mobile data was used - not sure why) still didn't allow me to send an RCS message from one to the other. I don't know what, if any, carrier infrastructure RCS depends on. E.g. does the mobile provider have to provide some sort of server/gateway to route such messages? And, if so, then maybe 48 (Liffey Telecom ?) don't have it even if Three do? If I get a chance I'll experiment a bit more later but it may be all futile/moot especially if support have already said that it's not supported on 48 (I'm just aware that they don't always get stuff right!).

It sounds like it is supported.

That's disappointing and disruptive for me as the support agent Vikram Mali informed me it was not supported and I decided to leave as a result.

48 support team are losing business for 48 due to communicating incorrect information.

One of the phones that I used for my test is rooted so maybe this is relevant?