cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G on Xiaomi but not on Pixel 7

GrahamL0995
Newcomer

I switched my number yesterday after trying out the sim in a spare Xiaomi phone. 5g was available immediately. Now with the sim in my Pixel 7 there's no 5g network showing up, only LTE. Any solution?

45 REPLIES 45

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What networks do you see on each phone when you do a manual search for networks?

What model is the Xiaomi phone?

Are both phones European models and not, say, Chinese or Indian models?

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I haven't tried putting the sim back in the xiaomi. I switched from Three and had 5g on both phones no problem. The pixel model is GVU6C

You'll probably need to contact 48 support to see if they can explain so.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Don't have any 5g networks available when I search. Set to 5g prefered

I don't have any 5g network on manual search and I have the 5g setting on??

You should contact 48 support so.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

RickM4224
Newcomer
I have the same problem with pixel 7. Just can't get 5G no matter what I do??? 🤔

You should contact 48 support so.

DaveO4704
Visitor

Same here, on a Pixel 7. I have contacted support and told them I was on GoMo until I switched to 48 in the last week and was able to get 5G no problem on the former. I've done everything bar factory resetting my phone. To name a few things: "Reset Mobile Network Settings" (including Erase eSIMs), "Reset Internet," and I took out the SIM for a while and rebooted the phone - all of which I've done multiple times. Looks like there are folks here with the Pixel 7 and other Pixel phones in the same boat, so I wonder if there's some sort of compatibility issue.

Another thing to note is when I text "APN" to 50048 I get a text back saying, "Apologies, your handset does not support this service." Note that LTE is working fine and my APN settings seemed to apply automatically when I first put in the SIM a week ago, but it could possibly be a clue toward certain handsets not being compatible with 48's 5G service? Either that or affected phones aren't compatible with the 5G band(s) that 48 uses, which may be curtailed compared to Three?

Dave the DON