cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G option on iPhone X/12

HarryC8672
Newcomer

My wife and 2 sons moved from GoMo and Vodafone to 48.ie back in Nov/Dec last year. They have Swappie sourced iPhone X and iPhone 12's and none of them can get 4G working at all. They all had 4G on their previous networks and even after making all the APN updates on the phones, they still only get 3G (no option to select 4G). We've applied all the settings, reset the networks, enabled roaming etc etc and if I move my vodafone SIM to any of their phones I get 4G straight away (so it appears it's not a device limitation) and if I move any (all) of their sims to my iphone 12 the phone gets limited to 3G. Running fast on all of their phones gives a consistent 520kbps (wifi disabled) and they're all on the 14.99 prepay plan with no data used (unsurprisingly at those speeds 😞  . I've been on to chat support a load of times, no help whatsoever, just keep telling me the same thing, apply the APN settings, reset the phone...anyone got any more inciteful ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Try the automated APN settings option by texting "APN" to 50048.

If that doesn't work then maybe try a factory reset and then the above again.

Is there any option to choose LTE as described here?

Another option might be to try a replacement SIM just in case there's SIM issue with the current one:

If it still doesn't work then you'll probably have to contact 48 support for further assistance.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I'm confused by your reference to a €14.99 plan as there's no such plan on 48.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

HarryC8672
Newcomer

I have exactly the same issue - moved my wife and 2 sons to 48 in December and only ever got 3G. If I move my vodafone sim to their phones I get 4g, and when I moved each of their sims to my iphone 12 I only get 3G - 4G isn't selectable, only shows 2g, 3g and LTE...we all have iphone X or iphone 12, I've reset settings, entered the APN, followed all the guides and been on to chat support about a half a dozen times and just get told the same thing - reset the settings, enter the 48months.liffeytelecom.com APN setting etc. - any ideas on what to try next?

The only way I’ve found to get 4g is to change the settings around in sim application, after that go into when abroad then go into manual and press international, it’s the only way I found to get 4g- it’s tedious but works for me

Hi @ChristianM4870 - are you referring to issues with getting 4G while roaming abroad?

If so then I don't think that that's what this thread about.

If not then would you maybe be able to post now specific instructions to help those struggling to get a 4G connection on iPhones while in Ireland?

Thanks.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.