cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW offer 6.50 euros for 4 weeks - Help please

MichaelH6328
Newcomer

Hi Guys,

I saw 48.ie have a new offer of 6.50 euros for 4 weeks for the first 3 plans and then 12.99 euros thereafter. Can someone please explain what this means? At first I thought it meant you can have 3 plans (3 different numbers) at 6.50 euros per plan for all data but if you have more than 3 plans (more than 3 numbers) then it is 12.99 euros per plan? We are a family of 5 people so we need the 5 numbers/plans. Meaning we can have 3 continous plans at 6.50 and then 2 plans at 12.99 conitinuously. A total of 45.48 euros.

Or does it mean you pay 6.50 for a plan (plus another 6.50 for activation code) for the first 3 x 4weeks and then it goes to 12.99 euros? Basically meaning you are saving 12.98 euros if you change the 12.99 euros plan? Meaning after 3 months it would be 5 x 12.99 at 64.95 euros.

We are currently on 7.99 euros plans for 100 GB so I was wondering if it was actually worth changing? My wife and eldest often go over 100GB so maybe worth it for them but not for all of us. We currently pay 39.95 euros for 5 plans but for 100GB.

I would appreciate it if someone could confirm, hopefully the above makes sense. 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Good question. 

I think it's a case of confusing terminology used in the offer advertising.

I'm pretty sure that when they say "plan" they mean "membership" and not, say, "subscription".

So it would be one subscription on which the first 4 memberships would be €6.50 and thereafter membership would cost €12.99.

This may help:

But if it's still not clear then you'll probably need to ask 48 support.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

They seem to have been replacing the term "membership" with the term "plan":

"* From 5th July 2023, 48 plan allowances will expire after 4 weeks and references to “monthly memberships” shall be replaced by “4 week plans” with effect from 5th July 2023."

So, in relation to your question, I'm pretty sure that only one person in your family could avail of this new offer and, after 4 months at €6.50, they'd end up paying €12.99 per month/4 week membership period.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.