cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service Iphone4s

ijsozzy
Visitor

Hey i just re order my card for iphone 4s. and it says no service my phone is unlocked and all.. I cant not top up or anything ring anyone .. anyways would like to get help as the agent team is really slow to reply... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK - sounds like you need 48 to help you out here so.

If you have logged a support request then you'll just have to wait for them to respond.

I wonder if you are trying to do stuff (topup, use the SIM etc.) before it has been properly set up or activated?

I'm not clear on your sitation but I see that you were previously using another phone (and SIM?) so is this SIM just a replacement for the same account/number etc. or is it a brand new SIM?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Is the 48 SIM registered/activated?

Power off/on again with the SIM installed.

Or toggle airplane mode on and off again.

See if that makes any difference.

If not try manually scanning for networks.

If you see 48 connect to it.

If not connect to O2.

If none of the above works then...

You might need to sync with iTunes to get the iPhone activated on the 48 network.

iPhones are funny like that!

You will also need a small amount of cash credit on your account balance (e.g. €1) to cover the cost of a UK text that this process will probably send.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

wat you mean by activing i need 1 euro i can't use service at all ... why is that i dont understand and the team here is really slow at responses..

If the other tips don't work then you will need to put €1 credit on your account - topup via your online account on the website - and then sync with iTunes. 

Sometimes iPhones don't recognize carriers (in particular virtual carriers such as 48) and need to contact Apple via iTunes to get activated on these networks. This costs 25c for the UK text that gets sent but the minimum topup amount on 48 is €1.

This link explains the estimated reponse times by 48 support to different classes of query:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

but butty i cant buy credit online as it says  

OK - sounds like you need 48 to help you out here so.

If you have logged a support request then you'll just have to wait for them to respond.

I wonder if you are trying to do stuff (topup, use the SIM etc.) before it has been properly set up or activated?

I'm not clear on your sitation but I see that you were previously using another phone (and SIM?) so is this SIM just a replacement for the same account/number etc. or is it a brand new SIM?

Anon
Not applicable
Sorry it's not for an iPhone 4s.. It's happening in a normal mobile phone.. Yes did everything and still won't work.. I registered it and everything an still no good.. Please help!!!!! No phone wit the last 3days

@noelmc001 wrote:
Sorry it's not for an iPhone 4s.. It's happening in a normal mobile phone.. Yes did everything and still won't work.. I registered it and everything an still no good.. Please help!!!!! No phone wit the last 3days

Did you post in the wrong thread?

Did you mean to post here?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Joining-48/Sim/m-p/25415

I replied to your original query.

I think you need to look at the link that I posted and maybe contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.