cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls abroad

Anon
Not applicable
Does anyone know if its free to call or text someone who's abroad?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If it's an Irish mobile number then yes it's free under your bundled calls allowance. They might want to check what it costs them to receive calls while roaming.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If it's an Irish mobile number then yes it's free under your bundled calls allowance. They might want to check what it costs them to receive calls while roaming.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Do you have to add anything onto the number like +00353 ?? Are just call then normally.

To call Irish numbers from abroad you normally need to add the international prefix (often but not always 00 - depends on where you're calling from) and Ireland country code (353) and drop the leading 0 of the mobile prefix (085/6/7/9 etc.) or landline area code (e.g. 01 for Dublin). On mobiles numbers in the phonebook can be configured as +353 ... so that they can be called from home or abroad (in which case the correct internaltional prefix will be automatically added).

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

Is it possible to call someone in Spain with a non-Irish mobile number with 48?? Can I get an add-on to do this??

Yes it's possible. Use the appropriate dialing prefix 00 34 .... etc. You'll need credit on your account (separate from membership) because such calls are charged at a rate of 50c per minute. There is no add-on and international calls are not included in the membership landline/mobile calls bundle.

http://48months.ie/boiler-plate/other-call-charges

International calls

• Europe

When calling Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijani Republic, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Antilles, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte/ Reunion, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Rep, Slovenia Rep, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK (incl NI) or Ukraine you'll pay:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines50c
    Texts25c

All International call charges are inc VAT and are charged per minute.

Hope this helps.

I have credit ( separate from member ship ) in  my account,but I still can NOT text Bulgaria....Can you help me please

Are you in Ireland or roaming abroad?

Are you using the correct prefixes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Bulgaria#Mobile_numbers

What's the format of the number that you're using?

What happens when you try?

Any error messages?