cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant use my phone in USA

Anon
Not applicable
I have topped up before coming to the USA and now I cant seem to send texts or make a call but I can receive texts from Ireland. I'm wondering if I need to sign up to any plans while here in the USA?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK - I don't understand why it doesn't just work so.

I know that iPhones can sometimes be funny when switching networks but in this case if you are receiving texts then presumably the basic network connectivity is OK.

But with cash credit on your account and presumably a current membership in place I don't know why you cannot make/receive calls or send texts.

Doubt it'll make any different but have you tried manually scanning for networks and trying another one?

Otherwise all I can suggest is contacting 48 support for assistance:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

There are no add-ons to cover services while in North America.

Outgoing/incoming calls and outgoing texts are charged from your credit balance.

Incoming texts are free.

If you can receive texts but not send them or make/receive calls then are you sure that your credit balance is non zero?

You say you topped up but do you mean you topped up/bought a new membership or that you topped up your credit balance?

Check your online account or dial *100# and hit send/call to check (I'm assuming that the short codes work when roaming abroad).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Hi, yes I topped up by €20 in my credit balance before I left Ireland. And my balance is now currently €20.01. But still unable to use my phone.

OK - I don't understand why it doesn't just work so.

I know that iPhones can sometimes be funny when switching networks but in this case if you are receiving texts then presumably the basic network connectivity is OK.

But with cash credit on your account and presumably a current membership in place I don't know why you cannot make/receive calls or send texts.

Doubt it'll make any different but have you tried manually scanning for networks and trying another one?

Otherwise all I can suggest is contacting 48 support for assistance:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Yes I tried to change network but still not working. I'll have to contact 48 assistance i think. Thanks for your help!

larkinc2
Newcomer
I have the same problem, did you get an answer from 48?

Presumably you have a valid/current membership and cash credit on your phone otherwise you won't be able to make/receive calls or send texts (although you will be able to receive texts)?

larkinc2
Newcomer
Yes, I have membership and have topped up by 20euro but still all I can do is receive texts.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
OK that's obviously odd so.
You should contact 48 support about this.
Sorry I can't suggest anything else.

Hope this helps.