cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU texting

calamity
Visitor
I've bought EU roaming mins. I'm in France. Receiving texts from home but can't get any out except locally here in France, very weird
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

My guess is that...

• you bought an EU roaming calls add-on but you never bought an EU roaming texts add-on which costs €2 and gives you 35 outgoing texts (c. 5.7c per text)

and

• you don't have cash credit to pay for outgoing texts (7c per text) 

Going abroad

Other call charges

On the other hand you seem to be suggesting that you can send texts within France but not to numbers back in Ireland? (Are you sure that the messages that get out aren't iMessages rather than SMS texts?).

If that is the case then try manually scanning for and reconnecting to a local network and see if that helps.

If not then you may need to contact 48 support for advice:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

calamity
Visitor
Thanks for speedy reply. No, defo on paid texts. Plenty of texts remaining

You mean membership text allowance? That doesn't cover texts while roaming abroad.

When abroad you need either the EU roaming texts add-on or cash credit to cover the cost of outgoing texts.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

calamity
Visitor

No, not membership, I bought EU roaming texts. I'm getting either No Service or very poor intermittent coverage from Bouygues. Receiving texts but none sending. Switched off mob for 20 mins, no joy. Took out sim, no joy. Keeps searching for network

Could be because it's an iPhone.

They seem to cause no end of problems for some people when roaming on 48.

They sometimes need activation on a new network which needs cash credit on the account and sometimes a sync with iTunes (which is not exactly convenient when abroad!).

You probably need to log a support query to ask 48 for advice as I suggested earlier.

Hope this helps.