cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership lapse

Anon
Not applicable

Hi. Do I need to pay membership each month? Can I leave it a month if I don't need it and pay again the following month and carry on as normal or will there be a back charge for the missed month?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sould be clear already but an example:

(1) You buy membership for January - you can make/receive calls and send/receive texts according to the allowances bundles or provided by any add-ons that you buy.

(2) Your membership ends and you DON'T buy one for February - you can (I think?) receive calls and texts but cannot make calls/send texts or do anything else.

(3) You buy a membership in March - once again you can make/receive calls and send/receive texts etc. You are not charged for the "missing" month of February.

Note that if you don't buy membership for several then your account may be terminated. Check the detailed terms and conditions for details of how and when 48 can terminate your account.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8

1amcn
Rock Star

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions-Knowledge/Everything-you-need-to-know-about-m...

Hi

Active monthly membership is required to use the 48 Network.

Although you would be able to recieve calls/texts if your membership lapsed, regardless of any amount of monies in your balance, or add-ons purchased, you would not be able call/text/use Internet.

See the 48 Guide to Membership by clicking the link at top of post:

🙂

Anon
Not applicable

Thank you. But still not clear. As said before.....

Can I leave membership a month if I don't need it and pay again the following month and carry on as normal or will there be a back charge for the missed month?

Also, do months run from date of membership renewal or the same set date each month?

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

48 is not a pre pay basis Network. (Oops! intended phrase POST Pay.

It is pay as you go, so with that being the nature of the carrier, the answer is No, you do not 'Get charged' for lapsing a month.

However if a certin period of no use passes your account could be deactivated.

EDIT: Your membership renews on the same date each month @ 0000hrs.

🙂

Sould be clear already but an example:

(1) You buy membership for January - you can make/receive calls and send/receive texts according to the allowances bundles or provided by any add-ons that you buy.

(2) Your membership ends and you DON'T buy one for February - you can (I think?) receive calls and texts but cannot make calls/send texts or do anything else.

(3) You buy a membership in March - once again you can make/receive calls and send/receive texts etc. You are not charged for the "missing" month of February.

Note that if you don't buy membership for several then your account may be terminated. Check the detailed terms and conditions for details of how and when 48 can terminate your account.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@1amcn wrote:

48 is not a pre pay basis Network.

It is pay as you go

Actually it is prepay and these terms mean the same thing... Man Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prepaid_mobile_phone

1amcn
Rock Star

Task task... an error!

For anyone unaware...The phrase intended was POST pay.

🙂

No offence intended... 😄

None taken!

Smiley Happy