cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data

rock_chick
Visitor

Hi

after quite happily using my mobile data on my samsung s3 mini for the past year it suddenly seemed to stop on monday.  

I have received the settings text twice and have manually gone through all the settings as suggested and still cannot get it to work.  I have loads of data left on my membership and the internet works fine with my wifi.   

Please help i miss my viber on the go.

19 REPLIES 19

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I'd be surprised if it was the phone.
What are your settings right now?
I'm sure that by tweaking them you can get this working.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

settings are as previous post plus the changes suggested!!!

You mean the changes that I suggested to the original settings that you posted DID fix things for you?
I thought you said that they didn't?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@dalyer wrote:

You mean the changes that I suggested to the original settings that you posted DID fix things for you?
I thought you said that they didn't?

settings are as you suggested and are still not working

Thanks anyway

OK - can you confirm that your settings are as follows and that you have a data allowance as part of your membership or a data add-on?

mobile data is on,
data roaming is on
Apns: Internet : 48months.liffeytelecom.com - green dot is on
Name: Internet
APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
Mmsc: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
Mms proxy: 10.1.11.19
Mms port: 8080
Mcc: 272
Mnc: 11
Authentication type: None
Apn type: default,mms,supl
Apn protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

If that's the case and it doesn't work then I don't know what the problem is.

All I can suggest is trying

APN type: * 

But if that doesn't work then I'm stumped and reckon you'll need to contact 48 support for further advice.

Guide on how to get help

Hope this helps.

yep those are my settings now on the phone.

all is turned on and have way too much data allowance now as i bought extra 2 weeks ago thinking i had just ran out and data is working perfect in old samsung galaxy ace. 

i was on to 48 already they said they deactivated data off my account and reactivated it again and said see if that works and if it doesnt gave me links to try all the things on the website that i had already tried.  

think its time to give up the ghost.!!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did you try APN type = *?

rock_chick
Visitor
Yep tried dat too!! Tried everything! !

Is there any way you can try somebody else's SIM in your phone to make sure that the data capability works at all?

Or your SIM in another person's unlocked phone?

Can you post screenshots of your settings again.

I'm assuming that you have just one APN now that should work for both internet and MMS.

Hope this helps.

Did you ever get any further with this?

Did you get help from 48 support?