cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

alidunneoxo
Visitor

I changed from Samsung S4 to 5 yesterday and it's saying no service. Have internet etc but no texts or calls. Any advice please ? Driving me mad thanks in advance 

17 REPLIES 17

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What happens when you manually search for networks?

Can you see and connect to 48?

Are you sure that data/internet access is via carrier data and not wifi?

Have you enabled roaming/data roaming and configured your internet settings?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

When I check for network 48 comes up and it's says registered on network but when I go to call it says not on network. I put in all the settings there now it's saying I can't search for networks with my data switched on. Still have no service, and refreshing sim data keeps flashing on the screen ?

I have internet via data now but still can't call or text 

Try switching off, taking the SIM out, gently cleaning the contacts, reinserting it, switching on and manually scanning for networks and connecting to 48.

If that still doesn't work then you probably need to contact 48 support:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for your help. I've contacted and sent request to 48 agent 

Does the SIM still definitely work in the old phone if you still have access to it?

Also what is the exact error message when you try to search for networks with data switched on?

i have Internet through my carrier now but it did say can't search for network while data was on. Sim works in old phone so don't think it's that 

What is the exact error message when you cannot search for networks with data enabled?

I've never seen anything like that before with any phone.