cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service when in USA

Anon
Not applicable
Hi I have an iPhone 5 and I'm in the USA at the moment. It is constantly going in and out of service, never long enough to receive texts (about every 5 seconds ) it gets full coverage, then one bar, the searches for coverage then repeats periodically.
I have tried all recommended troubleshouting from both 48 and apple ( turning on and off phone, resetting data settings etc) also when I turn on data roaming as recommended by 48 on a previous post it turns back off itself... Apple have led me to suspect carrier problem as I got a prompt to update carrier settings which led to this problem as well as some of my contacts appearing as numbers in the messages app!
Please any help would be appreciated as I have some texts I need to receive and the constant searching for networks is draining my battery!
Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sometimes iPhones need to be synced with iTunes to get activated on a new network. This may need an international text to be sent so you may need some cash credit on your account. I wonder if that's the issue here?

Or have you tried manually searching for and connecting to other networks in case it makes any difference?

Otherwise you'll probably need to log a support request to get advice from 48 support. See the "How to get help" key post at the top of this forum.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sometimes iPhones need to be synced with iTunes to get activated on a new network. This may need an international text to be sent so you may need some cash credit on your account. I wonder if that's the issue here?

Or have you tried manually searching for and connecting to other networks in case it makes any difference?

Otherwise you'll probably need to log a support request to get advice from 48 support. See the "How to get help" key post at the top of this forum.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.