cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

Anon
Not applicable

Hello, I started my number transfer at 12 in the afternoon yesterday and my number still isn't transferred. It still says transfer in progress. I've followed all the steps correctly, can someone tell me when I'll be able to use my phone again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As it happens I transferred a number for somebody yesterday (from Vodafone prepay registered).

I submitted the porting request around 10:30 and about 2 hours later it was up and running on the 48 SIM.

If it is taking longer than that then there is probably an issue holding it up.

As far as I know the two most common issues are (a) entering incorrect information into the porting form or (b) the number being held back from porting by the originating operator (e.g. because the customer is on billpay and has outstanding charges unpaid).

I'm assuming that the porting security code was received OK and entered into the form.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

If the transfer is ongoing beyond 2 hours, contact 48 support:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hopefully it will be sorted soon for you.

🙂

As it happens I transferred a number for somebody yesterday (from Vodafone prepay registered).

I submitted the porting request around 10:30 and about 2 hours later it was up and running on the 48 SIM.

If it is taking longer than that then there is probably an issue holding it up.

As far as I know the two most common issues are (a) entering incorrect information into the porting form or (b) the number being held back from porting by the originating operator (e.g. because the customer is on billpay and has outstanding charges unpaid).

I'm assuming that the porting security code was received OK and entered into the form.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.