cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card issue

aislingnagle
Visitor
Out of no where my signal went on Saturday and it's only working indoors

I switched my sim and my phone keeps saying there's no sim entered even though it's inserted. I activated my sim yesterday and it's still not working:(
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You mean you have tried a new SIM and it's not working?

What do you mean it's working indoors?

What exactly is working indoors?

Internet access (via wifi?)?

Calls? Texts? Internet access via carrier data?

Could it be that with a new SIM the iPhone needs reactivation so you need some cash credit on your account to cover the cost (25c) of the UK SMS that this process sends automatically (due to the stupid way that Apple to things)?

Can you try your new (?) SIM in another unlocked phone to see if it works there?

If it does then at least you know that it's a phone rather than SIM/network issue.
If all else fails you probably need to contact 48 support for advice:

http://www.48months.ie/help#contact-us

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

aislingnagle
Visitor
Hey dayler no I ordered a new sim and activated it so it's not the sim, I've tried putting other SIM cards (meteor ones belonging to my friends that they use) and my phone picked up on them.
My signal works when I'm inside (home, at the library or in friends houses) but not when I'm outside (walking down any street)

@aislingnagle wrote:
Hey dayler no I ordered a new sim and activated it so it's not the sim, I've tried putting other SIM cards (meteor ones belonging to my friends that they use) and my phone picked up on them.
My signal works when I'm inside (home, at the library or in friends houses) but not when I'm outside (walking down any street)

Did you try the 48 SIM in another unlocked phone to see if it works there?

What do you mean by "my signal works ..."?

Do you mean that you can make/receive calls, send/receive texts and use internet when indoors in those places but not when outside?

If that's the case then that's weird.

On the other hand if you mean that calls/texts work indoors and outdoors but internet works only indoors then presumably you are connecting to wifi in those places and when out you are not getting an internet connection?

Most likely because you have not configured your internet/APN settings correctly?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?