cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for people with Internet connection problems

Anon
Not applicable

Hi Guys, 

There seems to be a few of you having trouble with your internet connection. I'm starting to think that this isn't   a problem with your individual accounts as it's happening a few of us (including myself earlier). 

I'd advise double checking your settings, restarting your phone and resetting your network settings. This has often fixed problems like these before (for me anyway). 

Reply to this thread letting us know if you have solved your problem yet or not - and we can try look into your individual accounts. Thank you 

17 REPLIES 17

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

For what it's worth I have had no obvious problems with internet access this afternoon and evening in Dublin 1/7/3/5. Maybe irrelevant but I tend to stick on 2G only (EDGE) - even though it's pretty slow - because 3G kills my battery and I don't tend to do much "heavy" browsing/data access...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

I have tried absolutely everything i have been advised, and nothing has worked. My internet is gone 24 hours now, i am really getting very frustrated. 😞

You mean advised via a support request/ticket that you logged?

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

What phone and OS do you have and what exactly did you try?

Are you sure that it's not a case of having breached the fair usage limits and getting barred for the remainder of your current monthly membership?

http://48months.ie/boiler-plate/terms#18

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply,

I have requested support and have had 2 vague replies since yesterday, I have not breached anything and If i had I havent received any notification of this. As far as Im aware, I have 2.19gb remaining. I have an Iphone ios6. I have reset all clellular data network and followed the setting steps, ive cleared my history and cookies etc. I have re-booted my phone several times, I have switched on and off my settings numerous times. I don't know where to go from here, and I havent received a reply from the care team since yesterday.

???????????

Are you able to make calls and send texts OK?

I'm a bit stumped unfortunately... Smiley Sad

Anon
Not applicable

Yes my calls and texts are still available to me and it says that I have 2.19 remaining of my 3gb.

it's gone over 24 hours now, what a disaster!

Thanks for your replies, its nice to have someone replying!!!!

Hi,

I have an iPhone4 and having the same problems as flooderzerfull since yesterday. Have tried all the same things that he has outlined in his last post. I have over 3gb data and only paid my monthly subscription on the 20th of this month? Any help would be much appreciated.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi trublu74,

My phone is an iphone4 also, must be some problem with this make.

The support hasnt been great unfortunately. 😞

Stab in the dark time ... has anybody with this problem tried syncing with iTunes in case that helps? If it fails then put some credit on your account in case credit is needed for a text message to allow for (re)activation via iTunes. 

Hope this helps.