cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number

shanemulcahy
Newcomer

I went through the tranferring my number process and gave the security code etc and it said it should take 2 hours.Ive been waiting for almost 3 hours now and nothing has happened ? what should I do 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry - I was focused on the 48 SIM there and forgot about your old SIM! 😐 That will keep working until such time as the porting process completes and your O2 number ports over to 48. So for this evening/tonight your O2 number should work as normal.

Probably irrelevant but your 48 SIM should also work but with the 089 number that came with the SIM. You should be able to receive calls and texts to the 089 number but will not be able to make calls/send texts if you have not already purchased membership.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

3 hours means you started porting c. 5PM today? The number porting office hours are 8AM-6PM weekdays.

http://48months.ie/portin

"Please note: Number transfer hours are 8am to 6pm Mon to Fri, 10am to 4pm Sat and Sun"

So if you submitted the porting request at 5PM today that's only one porting hour elapsed so far. It should be done early tomorrow but if not you should contact support as explained in this key post:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

yes this is more than likely the problem however it was nearly 4pm when i gave the security number and starting porting which would leave 2 hours for it to complete ? will i be able to receive calls and texts between now and tomorrow morning because i need me phone badly 

Thanks for your help 

Shane

One way or another you need membership to be able to make calls/send texts. You should be able to receive  them without membership. Can you get somebody to do a test call and text to the number displayed in your online account (which I presume should be the new 089 number that came with the SIM?)?

If you bought membership before submitting the porting request then you I think you should be able to make calls etc. although it'll probably be on the 089 number that came with the SIM - not your main number which you are porting. 

If you did not buy membership before submitting the porting request then I think it's generally advised not to buy it while the porting request is in progress. However I'm not sure if that's true or what's the worst that can happen.

Hope this helps.

well at the moment i still have my 02 sim in and i seem to be able to receive texts so i guess that means i will be able to do so until the transfer finishes tomorrow! Also i have not bought membership yet. Hopefully it will be sorted within the first hour of porting tomorrow! Thanks 

Sorry - I was focused on the 48 SIM there and forgot about your old SIM! 😐 That will keep working until such time as the porting process completes and your O2 number ports over to 48. So for this evening/tonight your O2 number should work as normal.

Probably irrelevant but your 48 SIM should also work but with the 089 number that came with the SIM. You should be able to receive calls and texts to the 089 number but will not be able to make calls/send texts if you have not already purchased membership.

Hope this helps.