cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant send texts

e_matthews
Newcomer
I registered my sim for my new phone and can receive calls and texts and can call other people but i cant send text messages. I tried filling in the message centre number but it didn't work 😞
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If the SMSC is not correct then you will not be able to send/receive texts.

Often the phone just gets this automatically from the SIM but maybe in some cases you have to manually configure it.

How did you try to do this? Like this?

http://www.nokia.com/in-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA141391

Or this:

http://deviceguides.vodafone.ie/web/nokia-lumia-625/basic-use/text-messaging/set-up-your-phone-for-t...

(Note that the 48 SMSC number is +353894300000)

What happened? Any errors?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

e_matthews
Newcomer
I did the second one but when i typed the number in and pressed save it just disappears and nothing happens.

After entering it and hitting save can you send/receive messages even if, when you go back in, the number just entered is not listed?

If not then this might be a long shot but try entering this

instead of

+353894300000

and see if that works.

Another option could be to put the SIM into an older unlocked phone (e.g. an old Nokia feature phone or whatever) and change the SMSC there. Oddly enough sometimes older phones have less trouble configuring this setting than newer "Smart" phones. The SMCS is stored on the SIM so I'm not sure why it's not simply preconfigured. 

Finally perhaps a replacement SIM would help?

If not then you might need to contact Nokia support (if applicable) or 48 support for assistance:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

e_matthews
Newcomer
Ohh its working now with the +353894300000 number! Thank you very much 🙂

Great - but what was different now versus before?

I thought you entered that number already and it didn't save it or work?