cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet settings

luka6004
Visitor
When i update my internet settings they work but when i turn my phone off it doesnt work anymore so i have to redo it
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Does this happen every time that you switch it off and on again?

You seem to be using a Samsung Galaxy phone?

For some reason these have a habit of spontaneously losing their settings but I've never seen an explanation why.

It's not something that the network/48 are doing.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

luka6004
Visitor
It doesnt happen all the time but most of the times it does

Next time it happens - i.e. internet does not work after switching off and on again - can you check your APN/internet settings and see what they are (if anything)?

And ideally post screenshots?

I'm curious to know if they are getting lost completely or are being changed somehow?

How often do you reckon it happens?

Every time your power off/on?

Every other time?

Once every three times?
Etc.?

When it happens are you sure that there hasn't been some other change - e.g. a software update installed over the air or other settings changes?

luka6004
Visitor
I put my internet apn settings and then in a few days it turned off

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes. But my point is when it stops working what are your settings at that point?
Are they changed, blank or something else?
It's not something that 48 are doing so it's almost certainly your phone.
And this issue of Samsung Galaxy phones spontaneously losing settings seems to be common enough if you Google it.

luka6004
Visitor
Yeah so can you tell me what i can do to stop my settings from changing

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
No. It's a Samsung problem that nobody here or elsewhere on the web has managed to fully understand our solve.
I was just trying to see if you/we could perhaps investigate it.